Where do the trendiest event planners in all of California hang out? BizBash Live Expo featuring the hottest trends in event planning. Trendy Lime wouldn’t miss it for the world, which is why we spent the day.
Our time at BizBash meant catching up with old colleagues, meeting new HOT event planners and vendors from around the world, and capturing the latest and greatest in trending event planning. Not to mention getting to share our expertise with experiential marketing and chic events.
The whole expo was a riot; here are some of our favorite takeaways:
1. Gourmet Catering Is the New Standard: Gone are the days of the mashed potato buffets and cold corn. A cornerstone of a good event lies with gourmet catering that features signature dishes and WOW moments from beginning to end.
2. Never Underestimate the Lighting: No one wants to go to a party where the lighting reminds them of their dentist office. Lighting sets the tone and the ambiance and with all the specialized lighting companies available, you can do bigger and better things like specialized light shows.
3. Don’t Forget the Swag. Developing merchandising might mean that you need to exert a little extra effort in the event design, but it pays in dividends for long term marketing of the company or event long after the lights go out. It is like free advertisement for the whole year, especially crucial if you are planning on making the event an annual thing.
When not learning the latest trends we got a chance to walk around to meet the exhibitors. Our favorites stand out for their innovation of products we can’t wait to incorporate in future events.
- Gastro Garage - Featured on Bravo online series “ Going Off The Menu”, food and presentation were MIND BLOWING.
- Bite Catering: Three little words- Amazing Watermelon Shots. Your next Fourth of July celebration must have. Trust us, if you haven’t had them, they are worth finding a recipe or talking to this gourmet catering company.
- Blueprint Studios: They designed the scrumptious lounges at the expo, making networking a breeze. We can’t wait to see what has in store for future events.
- Ace High Casino Rentals: This fun company brings the excitement of Vegas to you. Of course we had a go against the Croupier, and of course we won.
Other companies we loved included:
- Caravents held a fabulous workshop on the important of social media and design for experiential marketing
- Zappos: “ Rethinking the Brainstorming Process” workshop led by Audrea Hooper, Head of Funngineering at Zappos, We were delighted to meetAudrea and are looking forward to more creativity from Zappos.
- E-180 Dating offered the chance to schedule online meetings and meet other expo participants in the cozy lounge-like environment
- If Only: an intriguiing company that creates unique curated experiences from San Francisco to New York.
- Champagne Creative Group: from champagne dresses to fun Tron dancers